Below you will find a fully detailed tutorial on how to jaibreak your Apple iPod Touch 2G on iOS 4.2.1. Thanks to the Chronic Dev Team for providing the jailbreak tool GreenPois0n.
-Download the GreenPois0n RC2 Jalibreak Tool:
Max OSX – http://www.multiupload.com/PQDYQ1L0G5
Windows – http://www.multiupload.com/4F5NYIIJP3
-Make sure and update to the latest iTunes
-Restore your iPod Touch to iOS 4.2.1 original firmware, if you’ve never jailbroken skip this step. (Ipod 2g Firmware Download)
Now on to the step by step tutorials:
- Open GreenPois0n and connect your iPod Touch on firmware iOS 4.2.1.
- Click on jailbeak and prepare to follow directions. You must be precise and follow the exact directions as shown.
- Press and hold the sleep button, its the top button on your ipod.
- While holding the sleep button, hold the home button on your ipod. You then should be holding both buttons down at the same time on your idevice.
- After the countdown timer finishes or your ipod turns off let go of the top sleep button but do not let go of the home button. If done correctly you will see that GreenPois0n begins the jailbreak process.
Your ipod should begin to jailbreak and it will flash white then go black, it will then show lines of code then reboot.
If all went well and your ipod rebooted you can now scroll over to the right/2nd page and open the icon called loader. The sources should load and you will see the option to install cydia. Tap and install cydia and you can now enjoy your jailbroken iPod.
If stuck on Greenpois0n initializing after trying to jailbeak or the jailbreak isn’t working you can try the following work arounds.
Solution 1 – Reboot computer, rerun Greenpois0n and while following the directions to jailbreak do not let go of the home button during the entire process of jailbreaking.
Solution 2 – Go to your OSX hdd home folder and delete the ibss and kernal cache files. Open finder on your computer and under devices choose your hdd name, you will see an ibss file and cache file so just delete those, reboot your computer and try Greenpois0n again.
Solution 3 – Don’t use the normal dfu mode, open the latest redsn0w beta (Link), open redsn0w and browse to iOS firmware 4.2.1 and use redsn0w to enter pwned dfu mode. Run Greenpois0n once, if it stays on black screen run it again and it should jailbreak.